[Ads-l] "Alpha fee" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Wed Aug 19 16:57:05 UTC 2015

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

When I was getting my engineering degree (1980-1985), "phi" was typically used as a symbol to denote an angle being measured or described (for example, the variables in the spherical coordinate system were rho, theta, phi or r, theta, phi, where r/rho was the distance from the origin, theta was an angle equivalent to longitude on a globe, and phi was an angle equivalent to latitude on a globe).  It was always pronounced "fee".