[Ads-l] Jack pot (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Dec 1 16:24:49 UTC 2015

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

You cannot use copyright dates as issue dates for D&F books.  They published a number of 19th century magic books, and collectors are all the time fretting over dates of issue.  As Garson suspects, they will issue updated editions without changing copyright dates.

For example, in the book Garson links to, "Fireside Games", ostensibly issued in 1859, there is an ad page for "Uncle Josh's Trunkful of Fun" -- a book which doesn't seem to have been published until 1869.  Also an ad for "How to Join the Circus" by Tony Denier, written 1877.