[Ads-l] Bluebook Article & New York Times Coverage

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Tue Dec 8 19:04:30 UTC 2015

Some of you who have law-related interests, or who wonder what I do with my life when I'm not posting antedatings to ADS-L or compiling quotation dictionaries, may be interested in the following:

The New York Times today has a story about the article by me and Julie Graves Krishnaswami entitled "The Secret History of the Bluebook."  (The Bluebook is the standard citation manual for U.S. law.)  This article will be printed in the Minnesota Law Review in its April issue, and the unedited version is already posted on the Social Science Research Network:

Here is a link to the Times story, which is headlined "Yale Finds Error in Legal Stylebook: Harvard Did Not Create It."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/08/us/politics/yale-finds-error-in-legal-stylebook-harvard-did-not-create-it.html

Fred Shapiro
Associate Librarian for Collections and Access
Lillian Goldman Law Library
Yale Law School