[Ads-l] Anatoly Liberman writes:

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 3 16:28:58 UTC 2015

"I was also delighted to see Stephen Goranson’s antedating of hully gully.
Unfortunately, I do not know this word’s etymology and have little chance
of ever discovering it, but I will risk repeating my tentative idea.
Wherever the name of this
_game_
was coined..."

When did you date "fully gully" to, Stephen? Was the dated "hully gully" a
*game*, as Lieberman says? Is there any connection between the game and the
*dance*, "hully gully," and/or the record, "(Baby) Hully Gully," that you
know of?

--
-Wilson
-----