[Ads-l] Dilutions of grandeur

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Feb 13 18:37:53 UTC 2015

That "diffused" situation reminds me of this eggcornish reanalysis (from an online movie review for "Nurse Betty")"

Betty sneaks off in the middle of the night in her LeSabre and heads toward Los Angeles to meet her self-proclaimed ex-fiancée, Dr. Ravell. She convinces herself that she is a nurse and tries to find the fictitious hospital where Dr. Ravell practices. In her diluted state, she finds herself in the middle of a real life shoot out in front of the hospital.

Lots of other google hits for a similar use of "diluted".

LH