[Ads-l] rebel yell and yeehaw

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 23 23:44:48 UTC 2015

For the record, here is the earliest "Yee-ha[w/h]!" I've seen that
explicitly refers to it as a "rebel yell":

1984 Joyce Lain Kennedy in _Springfield [Mass.] Republican_ B-8: The next
time your temper flares at the boss and you're tempted to "yee-haw!" a
rebel yell, remember who lost the Civil War.

That's 123 years after the start of said war.

JL