[Ads-l] terminology - Black American vs. African American

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jan 6 00:38:57 UTC 2015

At 1/5/2015 06:45 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>All that's good, Joel. (BTW, an impressive display of control of the full
>set of data.) But what does it have to do with the fact that I *personally*
>think that the use of "African-American" is a losing scene?

Practically nothing -- I was researching terminology from the
earliest days (of printed sources easily accessible to me) to today,
separating pre-1800 from everything else.  I did not analyze
prevalences of the various terms after 1800.

Joel