[Ads-l] URL's

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 20 03:27:25 UTC 2015

Further info:

You've Reached This Page In Error

Sorry, we are unable to reach the page you were trying to access. It
appears that the link you clicked on is missing some key information. The
link may have been broken because the message has been modified, forwarded,
or otherwise changed from its original form.

Your organization has enabled this technology to protect you, your system,
and the organization from harmful material such as:

Credential Theft: A page may be designed to look like a valid financial
institution, a well-known organization, or an otherwise trusted source. The
page is requesting a login and/or password for malicious purposes.
Malware: A page may contain files or other malicious material which are
intended to harm your system or organization. The malicious material may
contain a virus, an installation program, or it may expose a vulnerability
in a program which exists on your system.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 10:12 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: URL's

> On Jan 19, 2015, at 10:03 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>
> > Can these be shortened? My browser can't resolve them.
>
> Hey, that reminds me:  does anyone know what's up with this new =
> "urldefense.proofpoint.com" business?  Seems like even when you start =
> out with good ol' tinyurls, they turn into these monstrosities.  Can =
> anyone enlighten us?  Inquiring minds want to know!
>
> LH
>
> >=20
> > TIA
> >=20
> > =
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=3D3Dhttp-3A__benzimmer.com_&d=3D=
> 3DA=3D
> > =
> wIBAw&c=3D3D-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=3D3DwFp3X4Mu39hB2bf13gtz0ZpW1TsSxPIWY=
> iZRs=3D
> > =
> MFFaLQ&m=3D3Dw3vfViVw1TIVBsfZ3euoUDSnnduC07naWMh2QDLHCpw&s=3D3D-VVU3bKlEqx=
> 3WRD=3D
> > DDtzBxJiclRGEsHLTuNZlDtiN8qY&e=3D3D=3D20
> > =
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=3D3Dhttp-3A__www.americandialec=
> t.=3D
> > =
> org&d=3D3DAwIBAw&c=3D3D-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=3D3DwFp3X4Mu39hB2bf13gtz0Z=
> pW1TsS=3D
> > =
> xPIWYiZRsMFFaLQ&m=3D3Dw3vfViVw1TIVBsfZ3euoUDSnnduC07naWMh2QDLHCpw&s=3D3D1d=
> YjYg=3D
> > QSDdjsP5k4_ZT--A9RDvPnTmTVSgySEMAhaCE&e=3D3D=3D20
> >> =3D20
> >> The American Dialect Society - =3D
> > =
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=3D3Dhttp-3A__www.americandialec=
> t.=3D
> > =
> org&d=3D3DAwIBAw&c=3D3D-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=3D3DwFp3X4Mu39hB2bf13gtz0Z=
> pW1TsS=3D
> > =
> xPIWYiZRsMFFaLQ&m=3D3Dw3vfViVw1TIVBsfZ3euoUDSnnduC07naWMh2QDLHCpw&s=3D3D1d=
> YjYg=3D
> > QSDdjsP5k4_ZT--A9RDvPnTmTVSgySEMAhaCE&e=3D3D=3D20
> >=20
> > --=20
> > -Wilson
> > -----
> > All say, "How hard it is that we have to die!"---a strange complaint =
> > come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
> > -Mark Twain
> >=20
> > The American Dialect Society - =
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=3Dhttp-3A__www.americandialect.=
> org&d=3DAwIBaQ&c=3D-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=3DwFp3X4Mu39hB2bf13gtz0ZpW1TsS=
> xPIWYiZRsMFFaLQ&m=3DkPoWwq0t0WHXvTrcbe2kqZKMowLCKSiP45I3qfcQiz8&s=3DjzQOjP=
> kZj01OpiiGMYUx5WpNp0kRZEMYUZhNaeiH-CA&e=3D=20

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain