[Ads-l] "deflate-gate"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Jan 23 00:17:39 UTC 2015

And perhaps SPNOTY (Sports Proper Noun of the Year) --
"Deflatriot."  The definition probably hasn't quite settle down yet
-- but I sense something like "Person in the New England Patriots'
organization who either performed, requested, ordered, or was aware
of deflation of game footballs," as in the alleged NY Daily News's
"Deflatriots CHATED!" It also occurs (sometimes uncapitalized) as an
attributive adjective; once as a verb ("Deflatriot fans gonna
deflatriot"); and once with capitals for both D and F.

Joel