[Ads-l] "doggles"

Dave Hause dwhause at CABLEMO.NET
Fri Jan 23 04:58:38 UTC 2015

No new search engine needed - there's already Dogpile
(http://www.dogpile.com/).
Dave Hause
----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurence Horn" <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:03 PM
Subject: "doggles"

Featured in a story on tonight's NBC News.  Yup, goggles for dogs, =
apparently all the rage: you retire and ride around the country on your =
chopper, with your faithful canine companion in the side-car wearing =
doggles.  I didn't realize from the episode that it's a proprietary =
name, but evidently it is: http://shop.doggles.com/dog/eyewear.  Still, =
a more esthetic blend to my ear than "deflatriot", "Belicheat", =
"Cheatriots", or what have you.   But then again I'm a New Englander, so =
maybe not entirely objective.

Another coinage or two along the way on this relatively original take on =
the "scandal":
=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=3D1421782837&x-yt-cl=3D84359240&v=3D=
vd3D2gsPUR0

As for "doggles", I'm looking forward to the first computers (lab-tops?) =
on which dogs will be able to access the internet, using the patented =
fetch engine Doogle.  (And of course there's already Spotify for the =
musical mutts.)

LH