[Ads-l] mammoth, adj.

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Fri Jan 23 11:03:35 UTC 2015

I'm sure this is obvious, but I thought I'd point it out anyway--there is an inherent connection between Jefferson and mammoths, in that he wrote extensively about them early in his career, and he was apparently called 'Mr. Mammoth'

http://www.earlyamerica.com/jefferson-primer/thomas-jefferson-paleontologist/

A long discussion of this (and Jefferson's thoughts about moose) can be found in a book by an IT policy colleague, David Post:

http://tinyurl.com/nyg2gvd

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)

Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email looks.