[Ads-l] I want to coin "blizzicane" > "NoMaggedon"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Jan 28 00:46:37 UTC 2015

At 1/27/2015 02:31 PM, Geoffrey Steven Nathan wrote:

>My buddy Nick Gillespie goes one better: 'Nomaggeddon':
>
>http://time.com/3684405/can-we-all-shut-up-about-the-weather-for-a-while/

Your buddy Nick Gillespie is being parochial, having confined his
vision to New York City and State.  The blizzicane of 2015 is
currently one of the top three to eight greatest storms in snow depth
in Massachusetts's recorded weather history, and in some places it is
still snowing.

In New England everyone talks about the weather ... and they began to
write about it in 1631.  This storm brings back memories of the
"Great Snow of 1717", which broke the mechanism of the puppet-show in
Hawthorne's sketch "Main-street", and which, in the words of David M.
Ludlum, "over the years [has] provided a conversation piece whenever
a heavy snowstorm came along."  Show depths then were three to four
feet on the level.  We are equaling that now in some locations.

Joel