[Ads-l] to ------ drive (fill in blank)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 18 18:37:19 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> in the minority

Been there, lived that, agree with you entirely. Use hyphenation and use it
*correctly*, for heaven's sake! No more "You're up-to-date!" but, "An up to
date version..."! Bring back the comma! That unnecessary nanosecond of
double-take really "bugs my head," as we said, back in the day of my lost
youth.

Peeves being extremely idiosyncratic and essentially nonsense, I must add
that dropped apostrophes don't annoy me nearly so much as missing commas do.

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----