[Ads-l] "split of a three-game series"

Dave Hause dwhause at CABLEMO.NET
Tue Jul 21 15:03:37 UTC 2015

Tribe Homer (the other two military units called tribes were Euclid & Plato)
barrage (fire artillery on) the strategic road junction of Salvages Split.
Dave Hause

-----Original Message-----
From: Baker, John
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:08 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: "split of a three-game series"

How can the verb not be "salvages"?  I assume it means that the Tribe (pres=
umably a reference to the Cleveland Indians) was performing poorly in a (2-=
game or longer) series of baseball games, but then they had a barrage of ho=
me runs, so the series ended up being split between them and the other team=