[Ads-l] Manually--now also by foot?

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 22 15:32:02 UTC 2015

How, in 1991, could he "do the computation on his laptop manually" without
typing with his fingers on the keyboard and hitting the Enter key to
execute each step? (Today you could use voice commands.)

I don't see an issue with "manually" referring to a process requiring a
finger on the keyboard to make each step happen.

I do agree with the original point, thanks to Latin. I wonder if the author
doesn't realize that "manually" means "by hand", and not "by a person".
Does the word "pedally" exist? ]8}

DanG