[Ads-l] 12 day antedating of "as you do"

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 30 08:43:09 UTC 2015

"as you do", OED: 23 Oct 1993.

--

Newman & Baddiel in Pieces, episode 4. First broadcast 11 Oct 1993:
http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/6242c5a8dbc94d60b313fde1d510eac9

David Baddiel, 7m50s in:

[Begin]
And I hate people who tell you they've just done something wacky, and then
to prove just how wacky it was say, "As you do!".

"I just put a bucket of bananas on my head, as you do!".

No, no, no, no. What you mean is, you behaved like a tosser, as you do.
[End]

https://youtu.be/JHOz2yz3Wj0?t=7m50s

Later, around 13 minutes in, Baddiel's new housemate from hell, J.J.:

[Begin]
Hey, that reminds me of the time I was skating on this ice, right, dressed
as a pantomime zebra, as you do!
[End]

https://youtu.be/JHOz2yz3Wj0?t=13m

Hugo