[Ads-l] foment

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 5 11:29:52 UTC 2015

Except that the first ex. is clearly intended to be neutral, while "foment
trouble, discord, etc." would be prejudicial.  "Foment revolution" is
conceivable, but the context makes that interpretation implausible.

And to say, "Gun violence foments trouble, discord, etc." (while
technically true) sounds semantically bizarre.

JL