[Ads-l] Twerk the night away

Z Rice zrice3714 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 25 23:40:16 UTC 2015

Yet again, the population with whom the dance has its origins is completely
removed from the narrative and the definition. Time and time again, when I
look up a word that has cultural significance to African-Americans, they
are no where to be found in the "official" definitions, nor the
"mainstream" narrative. Years later, they are completely erased from any
discussion of their own cultural artifacts, and "scholars" spend their time
debating the origins of the artifact and feigning ignorance as to its
origins. This is getting old.

The Yahoo "article" itself makes absolutely no mention of the words "black"
or "african-american". It *does* attribute the *dance* to Miley Cyrus. It
attributes "the *word* as a description of *a dance*" to New Orleans. This
is "scholarship"??