[Ads-l] "distraction" -- the (not-so-)new euphemistic apology upon "resigning"?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 1 00:47:00 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Cohen, Gerald Leonard <gcohen at mst.edu>
 quoted:

> "If I offended anyone, I apologize."

This is the one that really "frosts my balls," to borrow the catch-phrase
of - the chief of police, was it? - on "Hill Street Blues." The implication
is that *you*, in fact, owe *me* an apology, for being "too sensitive," to
use one of my mother's favorite devaluations, "to handle the truth!"

--
-Wilson
-----