[Ads-l] Fuse vs Fuze?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 17 01:03:04 UTC 2015

I've only rarely seen "fuze," and then (IIRC) mostly in Brit lit.

We people of tomorrow prefer "fuse."  Get hep.

BTW, "diffuse" might be taking over because the initial vowel or "defuse"
is often less distinct in non-explosive contexts where a "fuse" [sic] may
presumably be involved. Thus "de-fuse."

My guess, at least.

JL