[Ads-l] "the trots (a British colloquialism for diarrhea)"

Wed Mar 18 00:21:36 UTC 2015

It doesn't seem wrong to me. I definitely recall my grandmother saying
"the runs" and "the trots" seems vaguely familiar, too.

In any case, there plenty of hits on Google Books for "had the trots."
At least one that is definitely by an American is "A New Song" by Jan
Karon: http://bit.ly/1BObN77.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/home