[Ads-l] Earliest ideographic writing?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 26 11:30:47 UTC 2015

Maybe saying "hair" would have been indelicate.

But apparently they're not even sure that the "triangles" `are real or, if
they are, whether they mean anything at all.

Anyway, isn't designating a woman's grave by a mere representation of her
pubic hair, you know, sexist?

And if masculine graves were marked only by a corresponding symbol,
wouldn't that suggest that these people saw raw sexuality as the most
important aspect of their humanity?

Which arguably would  be ahead of their time....

JL