[Ads-l] hack - trick/secret

Wed May 6 21:22:40 UTC 2015

Wiktionary (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hack) offers the following
definitions for "hack":

(colloquial) A trick, shortcut, skill, or novelty method to increase
productivity, efficiency or ease.
     Putting your phone in a sandwich bag when you go to the beach is
such a great hack.

Twice today I have seen "hack" with this meaning, making me wonder about
the colloquial label. The Oxford Dictionary site doesn't offer this meaning.

=====
http://yhoo.it/1dNg3fM
"Dominos, Little Caesars, Papa John’s, Sbarro, and Pizza Hut: Which
Pizza Is Best?"
by Anthony Sulla-Heffinger

I can offer you hacks on how to get four toppings for the price of two
on your Dominos order and explain to you the difference between Pizza
Hut’s breadsticks and Little Caesars’ Crazy Bread.
=====

=====
http://huff.to/1H1Smga
"11 Brilliant Egg Hacks That Will Change Your Mornings Forever"
by Suzy Strutner
=====

The Huffington Post in fact has a section (?) called "Home & Life Hacks"
at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/life-hacks/.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/home