[Ads-l] Gender-neutral pronouns was :Mx to be sanctified by the OED

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon May 11 14:53:45 UTC 2015

> On May 11, 2015, at 10:35 AM, Joel Berson <berson at att.net> wrote:
>
> Can someone define, and provide etymology

and pronunciation guides?
I'm hoping the "x" in the first group has the same value it has in the Xhosa consonantal inventory, as a lateral click (more or less the sound an equestrian makes to render "giddy-up").

Safe prediction: These options will ultimately end up as three more versions of what Dennis Baron calls "The Word That Failed"

--LH, who's perfectly happy with they/them/their (unmarked for number)