[Ads-l] Heard: "nauseousness"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 24 23:27:14 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 6:55 PM, David Barnhart <dbarnhart at highlands.com>
wrote:

> I like Nexis more than Google rawness.

That's cool. I can dig it.

Today, I've also heard,

"After dinner, I felt _nauseated_, so I laid down."

I gave up trying to prevent the use of "nauseous" - well, "gnaw-shuss" -
instead of "nauseated" among my friends, back in '72, when it was manifest
to me that they were not going to receive correction. Since then, I've come
across "nauseated" used randomly in literature. I was not at all expecting
to hear it used in speech by a random, fourteen-year-old girl from one of
the Dakotas, on a random, reality-TV, medical show.

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----