[Ads-l] query on -s truncation

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 27 19:23:01 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> Seems like I vaguely recall something on this but I can't remember what.

Lars,

At one of the summer LSA's - '73? '74? - it was hip to do that with proper
names, whether of people or of animals. Everyone is familiar with Barbara >
Babs, of course. But, in this particular case, everything began with the
S-ing of the name of Jim Fidelholtz's dog - which name I've forgotten. Jim
> Jims, Ivan > Ives, Wilson > Wil[s], Robert > Robs/Bobs, etc. Ivan and I
continued as Ives and Wil[s] with each other to the very end.

--
-Wil[s]
-----