[Ads-l] vacuum suit and other sf cites (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri May 29 22:08:23 UTC 2015

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Vacuum suit

OED SF project has 1930; no entry in OED

_Amazing Stories_ Apr 1926 v1n1 p 64 col 2

"The Professor next placed the transparent head gear over my head and secured it with attachments to my vacuum suit."

https://archive.org/stream/AmazingStoriesVolume01Number01#page/n64/mode/1up

Science fictioneer   OED SF Project has 11/1940

_Amazing Stories_ Dec 1939 v13 n 12 p 131 col 1
"It attracted visitors from both ends of the nation  --  attesting to the persistent popularity of the oldest amazing story in our adopted religious folklore recorded by that pioneer science fictioneer, Moses."

https://archive.org/details/Amazing_Stories_v13n12_1939-12.Ziff-Daviscape1736

aircab  OED SF Project has 10/1940

_Amazing Stories_  Sep 1934 v9n5 p 119 col 1
"Dropping his aircab from the night traffic level and hovering over the place at dawn, Peyton could see nothing about it to justify the fears of his companion."

https://archive.org/stream/Amazing_Stories_Volume_9_Number_5_#page/n119/mode/2up/search/aircab