[Ads-l] "That's all she wrote" (1935-1941)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 20 02:18:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Bonnie Taylor-Blake <
b.taylorblake at gmail.com> wrote:

> "that's all she wrote"

was hep in St. Louis in the mid-'40's, ca. 1947, sometimes with the
extension, "... the pencil broke." Around that time, there was a *very*
popular, proto-R&B record called, "Write Me A Letter," that may have had
some influence on the popularity of the expression. Or not. As I recall,
there was no mention of any writing instrument in the song. YouTube
confirms that memory.

--
-Wilson
-----