[Ads-l] Facebook: "He was _victim blaming_ those affected."

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Sep 8 00:58:33 UTC 2015

Good points.  Actually, though, I had originally written "copy-editors engaged in which-hunting", only it got autocorrected to "witch-hunting"; I was thinking of the ones who object to the use of "which" in restrictive relative clauses in the belief that it should invariably be corrected to "that".  Not as elegant as my favorite auto-correction of the past fortnight, viz. the transmigration of "pudendum muliebre" (reproducing the OED-endorsed gloss for...well, you can guess) to "pudendum mulberry".  Gives a whole new understanding to "Here we go round the mulberry bush".

LH