[Ads-l] "NA's"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 29 02:39:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 10:06 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> with no pejorative intent

Of course not. That's why the writer was careful to preface his assertion
that NA's are as much immigrants as anyone else, when you get down to the
real nitty-gritty, with an expletive indicating that "first come, first
served" is, well, bullshit, WRT its application to the so-called "NA's."
It's as silly as regarding PR's as "native-born" citizens of the U.S.

Interestingly - to me, anyway - the apostrophe in _NA's_ is original. Such
use of the apostrophe isn't usual, anymore.
--
-Wilson
-----