[Ads-l] 'when the map doesn ’t match the terrain, go with the terrain’.

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Apr 2 01:02:44 UTC 2016

Nice; I hadn't heard this one.  The opposite sentiment is voiced in a proverb popular in the halls of MIT when I was hanging around there (not, I think, intended seriously, but who really knows?): Facts are cheap, theories are sacred.

LH