[Ads-l] "fan", noun, for a celebity as an enthusiast for their admirers?

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Wed Apr 6 00:30:23 UTC 2016

In today's Doonesbury repeat from some years ago, Joanie Caucus is introduced by Lacy Davenport to "Mr. Eastwood." Joanie says "I just want to tell you you're my biggest fan! I mean it! Are those eyes for real? Of course they are. Shut up, Joan."

Normally I would expect "I'm your biggest fan!"

Is this a typographical error, ignorance by Mr. Trudeau, a new usage not in the OED, or a deliberate reversal to illustrate Joanie's highly emotional state undoing her grammar?

Probabilities say the latter, but I thought I should ask.

Joel