[Ads-l] "grow ups"??

Benjamin Barrett mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 10 03:01:02 UTC 2016

Google has a very small number of hits for “he grows up” and “she grows up” (including a verb conjugation site). Given the small number, it looks like a typo. It would be interesting to know if there are a lot more of these, though. Perhaps there are people who are conjugating the entire phrase.

A similar phenomenon is seen in English with the genitive, where the ’s part gets thrown on the end of a phrase, like the king of Spain’s crown (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_possessive <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_possessive>).

BB