[Ads-l] CPT (1912), on Barry Popik's website

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Wed Apr 13 17:04:15 UTC 2016

Barry Popik's website contains a fairly detailed treatment of CPT (a phrase
that was recently the subject of an intended humorous skit by Hillary Clinton
and Bill de Blasio).  I'm surprised (and am not alone in this) that neither Clinton
nor de Blasio anticipated the  sharp negative reaction.
Btw, I had never heard of the CPT phrase but am familiar with its
synonym "Jewish time", which refers to arriving, say, 10-15 minutes late.
     Popik's treatment can be found at:
http://barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/colored_peoples_time/

GC