[Ads-l] straphanger -- figurative sense (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri Apr 15 20:02:16 UTC 2016

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

After reading Dave's anecdote, I started thinking more bureaucratically and came up with this:

_Gettysburg [PA] Times_ 31 Dec 2002 p 4 col 2
"We need our commissioners to do the job they are paid to do, and perhaps hire another secretary if needed, rather than to create a whole new office with its attendant staff, assistants and accompanying straphangers."

_San Bernardino County Sun_ 10 Sep 1989 p D3 col 6
"So I find it particularly apt that members of his entourage are referred to, regardless of rank, as straphangers."