[Ads-l] Linguistic notes from Ken Burns's "Jackie Robinson"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 17 18:23:32 UTC 2016

The formal narrator says /'prEviusli/.  New to me.

A Brooklyn fan tells that his father saw Jackie Robinson "as a brethren"
[sing.] (because he was discriminated against deaf).

And Dodgers announcer Red Barber (1908 - 1992) is heard saying in 1947 that
"This game is just as tight as a pair of new shoes on a rainy day."

JL