[Ads-l] News: Supreme Court declines to hear Authors Guild appeal; Google prevails; Google Books database is legal (for now)

Mon Apr 18 20:13:25 UTC 2016

Benjamin Barrett wrote:
> Thank you for that update on this case.
>
> For others like me who find the title confusing, it could have been
> better written as “Supreme Court Rejects Authors Guild’s Appeal
> in Google Books Case.”

Yes, I think that the title selected by "Publishers Weekly" was easily
misinterpreted. The title I used in the subject line was designed to
be harder to misinterpret. Nevertheless, the topic is complex. There
have been multiple court cases and legal proceedings were initiated
ten years ago.

One might say: Google Books Wins! But I think that any headline or
paragraph summary will be incomplete and/or opaque.

Garson