[Ads-l] Central site for antedatings WAS Re: Antedating of "Simoleon"

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu Aug 11 15:53:19 UTC 2016

So I take it, then, that antedatings posted on the ADS-L are not routinely sent to or seen by the editors at the OED?

From: American Dialect Society [ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf of Shapiro, Fred [fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:04 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Central site for antedatings WAS Re: Antedating of "Simoleon"

----

In 2014 George posted to the list a message including the sentence "In as much as no one came crying, I, yes, I am watching on
behalf of the OED, I surmised that indeed, no one is, and it seems that this is now confirmed."  Reading this hastily, I focused on the phrase "yes, I am watching on behalf of the OED," and reached the erroneous conclusion that George was watching on behalf of the OED!  Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.

Fred Shapiro