[Ads-l] Central site for antedatings WAS Re: Antedating of "Simoleon"

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu Aug 11 15:55:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu>
wrote:

> The question about giving away hard-won research is an interesting one.
> Because I send almost all my discoveries to the OED and ADS-L, I sometimes
> get in the situation where I want to write an article about a discovery but
> realize that I have pre-empted myself and the discovery is already publicly
> available or available for those with access to the OED.

Don't let that keep you from writing articles.  If your Yale Alumni column is any guide, they are interesting anyway, even if they are about words/terms that you've previously posted on the ADS-L.