[Ads-l] ship, v. (2000-01)

Flourish Klink flourish.klink at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 16 17:09:42 UTC 2016

I think you found an example from around the time that usage was changing—I
know that I personally used "shipping" to refer to more than just the
Mulder/Scully relationship by 1999. So I shouldn't have been so harsh!
Unfortunately, I don't have my emails from that time period, so I can't go
through my personal correspondence to see when my own usage changed. But
that's the right time period to find the change beginning to happen, if my
memory is correct. (Of course I might have missed other people using it
more broadly much earlier—and that would be delightful to discover!)