[Ads-l] RES: Adage: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Aug 29 17:16:34 UTC 2016

Well, by the same token, *nothing* is free, because you could always have been granted X dollars instead.  When you "buy two, get one free", you could have been given the cost of one instead.  And we know (although I don't know who it gets attributed to) that "freedom isn't free".  So there ain't no such thing as a free anything.  TANSTAAFA.

LH