[Ads-l] "slave"

Flourish Klink flourish.klink at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 31 15:54:57 UTC 2016

Separate from the historical perspective, I would be shocked if the
enslaved people in question considered themselves Americans. (If someone
kidnapped me, transported me overseas to China and set me to work in a
factory, I certainly wouldn't consider myself Chinese!)