[Ads-l] cuss word euphemisms

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri Dec 2 21:57:14 UTC 2016

> ----
>
> Barry Popik points out that he has pages on "shut the front door" and "sugar honey iced tea" on his site:
>
> Caution-http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/shut_the_front_door/
> Caution-http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/sugar_honey_iced_tea_shit_backronym

For "shut the front door," Barry has Nov 2002.

Seattle Post-Intelligencer (WA) - July 19, 2002 p C1 (newsbank)
"Although swearing can be a satisfying mode of expression when used properly, most of us realize there's a time for profanity and there's a time for euphemisms. With this in mind, many of us have come up with a way to cuss without using any real expletives. For instance:

"That ain't nuthin' but a load of bullspit!"

"Why you dirty rotten motherfather!"

"Shut the front door!"

"Now I'm really Pysht!" (inspired by a small town near Port Angeles)."