[Ads-l] cuss word euphemisms

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 3 06:48:58 UTC 2016

<< 'Shut the front door!' <-- "Shut the f--- up". >>
WB:  Now that I've had time to mull this new lexical addition to my
cultural learning experience in American linguistic diversity, I personally
associate <STFD> with "Shut the fucking door! Were you born in a barn?"
More in tune with my years roughing it in the Army years ago. "But that's
just me!", as Colonel Doolittle said in "Pearl Harbor". (Then my addled
brain wanders to "Open the door, Richard!", but that's another garden path
to the past.) Mumble ... mumble ...