[Ads-l] Query from New York Times on "Sounds good."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 9 22:52:38 UTC 2016

FWIW:

More Adventures in Animal Land - Page 9
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0873985575Hugh F. Pyle - 1979
"We're having acorn casserole for supper tonight. And raspberry delight for
dessert."
             "Sounds good. ..."

If this is looked at as a clip of

_sounds good to me_

then it can be traced back to at least 1917. Is Ms. Carr looking for any
specific use of the phrase? Like, the UD has it from 2004, in various
meanings, and not only from '09. Neither 1917 nor 1979 is necessarily the
earliest date that can be found in GB. They're only the dates at which I
stopped looking.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Cohen, Gerald Leonard <gcohen at mst.edu>
wrote:

> Dear ads-l colleagues,
>
> Would anyone be able to help Jane Karr (New York Times editor) with her
> query
> below?  Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>
> G. Cohen

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain