[Ads-l] Injia

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 15 05:55:39 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> (obs.?) pronunciation of "India"

I last heard it in a Britspeak comedy back in the '50's. An official of the
Raj used it while literally wrapping himself in the flag as protection
against the rifle-fire of Indian rebels. His thought was not that the Union
Jack was bullet-proof. Rather, he figured that the blackguards simply
wouldn't have the unmitigated gall to harm a single thread of the symbol of
Empaah.

He got his arse shah toff.

--
-Wilson