[Ads-l] Zilch

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Feb 9 18:43:35 UTC 2016

Slightly earlier for "Joe Zilch"

Mt Carmel PA _Daily News_ 16 Jun 1925 p 2 col 3 (from O. O. McIntyre syndicated column "New York Day by Day") (Newspapers.com)
"Frank Tinney used to have a comedy name which brought many chortles.  He used it as a peg upon which to hang an occasional wheeze.  It was Joe Zilch.  This was real -- the name of a husband of a girl in the show.  She recently divorced him and said among other things she was tired of the comedy name."

_Variety_ 10/7/1925 p 9 col 3
"We have been an ardent Vreeland fan ever since he first started his theatrical comment column in the "Herald," yet if we met him on the street we wouldn't know him from Joe Zilch."