[Ads-l] another entry for the "and <<>>in/en" files ("case and point")

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 21 18:14:16 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Laurence Horn wrote:
[...]
> So anyway, this from a lovely web page* I was linked to today featuring
> the adoption of a kitty-cat by a lynx in the St. Petersburg Zoo:
> http://www.earthporm.com/cat-sneaks-into-zoo/
>
> "Case and point: take a look at the heartwarming friendship shared
> between this calico house cat and European lynx."

I shared that one here way back in Dec. '04:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2004-December/043585.html

...and added it to the ECDB in July '05:

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/english/444/case-and-point/

--bgz