[Ads-l] Words: Bremain versus Brexit (also Brexiter)

Mon Feb 22 07:25:27 UTC 2016

Brexit and Grexit have been in use for years. I have not seen Bremain
before, but it might also be old. "Bremain" refers to Britain
remaining in the European Union.

Timestamp: 21 January 2016 14.51 EST
Website: The Guardian
Article: Whether Brexit or Bremain, fear will triumph over fear
Author: Timothy Garton Ash

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/21/cameron-brexit-eu-referendum-voters-in-campaign

[Begin excerpt]
Brexit or Bremain? That is the question British voters may have to
answer in just five months' time on 23 June, if David Cameron's
renegotiation ends with a deal at the EU summit in February. The
result of that renegotiation is at once essentially irrelevant to the
question before British voters and quite crucial to how they will
answer it.
. . .
The biggest single danger for the Bremain campaign is another refugee
crisis sweeping across the continent in the months running up to the
referendum, and perhaps -- heaven forbid -- another Paris-style
terrorist attack.
[End excerpt]

Timestamp: 20 February 2016 02.00 EST
Website: The Guardian
Article: Here’s how to argue with a Brexiter -- and win
Author: Timothy Garton Ash

[Begin excerpt]
Brexit is riskier than Bremain. This is incontestable. We know what
it’s like being a member of the EU. We don’t know what it would be
like outside.
[End excerpt]

Garson