[Ads-l] "[go/went] the full nine yards" (Interdating, 1946-1951)

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 20 14:18:07 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu> wrote:

> Were you able to search for these citations because your university has pur=
> chased the full run of Louisville Courier Journal from ProQuest?  My univer=
> sity only has the pre-1922 component of that paper.

It's hard for UNC to compete with Yale, Fred, when it comes to a
budget for library acquisitions, though the library system here does
surprisingly well, given its meager allowance from the State of North
Carolina.

No, I have a personal subscription to newspapers.com, which recently
offered a next-tier service, "Publisher Extra."  I went ahead and
signed up in part because of the inclusion of more recent issues of
The Courier-Journal.  I'm not sure how useful these additional
publications will be, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Some people can't resist buying classic cars, others collect paintings
and sculpture, quite a few hoard designer shoes and handbags.  My
weakness is for historic newspaper databases.  (I'm sure I'm not the
only one here.)

-- Bonnie